if you love "All Quiet on the Western Front," "Moby Dick," or "A Tale of Two Cities," then prepare to hate all of them with a passion. For this one Autobiography will make you think that all other books look like toilet paper

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

So Everyone's talking about blogs these days, (well, no, nobody is anymore, I've just missed the boat, but would like to sound like I was "in" when blogging was really big and new) and I figured "what a great idea, posting my thoughts for all to see on the Internet." Then I thought, "who the heck would read this crap? I don't even think I would." so I didn't do one. But now, I've been thinking again and I figured "nobody's going to read this crap, so I can do one of those blog things" (save my sister Julie who said she would, so I've got one reader.)

Anyway. In dedecation to my first blog, I will pay a tribute to something that we've all seen, but nobody's thought about: Those numbers/letters that you see above the little bar in different colours and sizes (some even have little grids), and you have to type them in, so that the computer can make sure that you're not another computer. For example: mine was "opgtjkzn". Man, without those numbers, there would be telemarketer computers overwhelming the internet! Every single file on a computer could have their own blogs, and all you'd get was like, binary code..everywhere. So... good job little number/letter guys, my hat is off to you, without you, the virtual world would be a much more cluttered place to live.

So today was the "International Day for the Elimination of Racial descrimination," and in honour of that, we had our Chinese Friend: Eric Leung sit with us at lunch today (well, he was sitting there anyway, and someone else brought it up really, but this sounds cooler). Whoever thought of naming a day the "International Day for the Elimination of Racial descrimination?" Who on earth is going to remember that? Why not just call it "Anti-Racist day" or something? Don't get me wrong, it's a really good idea to have a day devoted to the Elimination of Racial descrimination, but seriously, who's going to remember such a long name?
Well, I could say much more about many more things, but that is why I have a blog now, so I can say them another time.
tootle-oo

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Hah - nice job, Jer! I am so happy that you have a blog. and yes, even if I am your one and only reader, I will read faithfully.

happy belated elimination of racial discrimination day.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2:33:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha thats so funny, elimination of racial discrimination...i knew all aobut this day, its glorified in the social work program. which is cool and everything. but yah, racist is wrong and everyone should know it. i hugged my chinese friend today so does that count? okay jer i love you and your work. it is ... nothing short of epic.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:50:00 PM

 
Blogger DrDoodle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, March 27, 2006 10:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home